Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Kauai (Lihue-Kapaa) ResortQuest Kauai Beach at Makaiwa

darioc
By darioc,
in

There is only one bid-able zone in Kauai so you won't be able to bid for a 3* before a Resort if you want to bid them on the same day... does this change your plan at all?

HOTWIRE does have a 3.5* in Kauai for $109 which is believed to be the ResortQuest Kauai Beach at Makaiwa.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

oops My checkout dates are 2/28 so i have a total stay of four nights

Sorry

Looks like my new checkot dates seems to bump up the hotwire rates for the 3 1/2 * to $114 per night. Looks like a nice hotel but would rather bid on priceline first and try and get a cheaper deal for a 3#

Iv also noted a 3* property for $95 with beach front,laundry and pool.Not sure if this is the Aloha beach resort??

Was hoping by bidding for a 3* i would get either the hilton or raddisson but also might get the aloha or one with a higher rating. Correct?

Ok.Will bid for a resort first and then a 3* so we can bid for both on the same day.

If i win should i start booking my flights from waikiki. Being looking at iflygo.com. They have a $39 fare on way in and $78 fare out of kauai.Any advice?Should i start a new thread on airfares for this qestion

The 3* on HOTWIRE looks like the ResortQuest Islander on the Beach so that would be our best guess.

To try on priceline i would begin by bidding $100 for a Resort and then $65 for a 3*... then increase each bid every 24 hours by $5.

I'd start looking for airfare once you have your hotel rooms set between consecutive islands. Usually the inter-island fares are competitive between all the airlines (one has a sale and the others match) so i'd start with board sponsor HawaiianAir.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid for a resort upto $145 with no luck

24/2 1 night 110

24/2 2 nights 125

24/2 4 nights 135

24/2 3 nights 145

24/2 3 nights $80 3 star

All bids rejected

I noted the best deal symbol had moved from 3# to resort

Would it be worthwhile moving these dates over to the big island hoping i can snap up a bargain there or should i take the hotwire deal that you had suggested to me.31/2 for $106 per night.

Happy holidays to everyone

I havent really revised my max.was just an impulse reaction.

No real reason im shying away from a 3#. Just dont want to end up paying for something that is not much different in price to other conventional methods of booking.

I want to book something soon though. Should i keep on bidding for the 3# or buy the Hotwire 3 1/2 star??

Assuming the HOTWIRE hotel is a the ResortQuest Kauai Beach at Makaiwa, that property is bookable directly at their website for $139/nite and is cancellable up until 3 days before your stay... you can book that so that you know you have something and then continue to use the opaque providers to try to better the deal.

After the HOTWIRE fee it's about a $20-$25 savings per nite, which does ad up to $100 over a 4 nite stay, so you'll have to decide if it's worth it to you or not to lock that savings in now (if you wait and continue to try the opaque providers, the hotel direct on their website could go up or no longer be available).

Otherwise i don't see too much else in this price range.

If you do lock in now please remember to use our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Glad to hear you received the hotel you expected and are happy with the deal.

I believe this property is formerly the Courtyard (there are some pics of the Courtyard Kauai at RealHotelPhotos) which is well situation for exploring both the North and South parts of the island, but note that it you intend to go the Canyon leave early in the morning as it take a while given the two lane roads of Kauai. It's also near the Coconut Market Place which is convenient for last mintue snacks but you can save money by going to the grocery store(s) down the street. You can also walk to the restaurants of the other hotels nearby.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]