Hotwire Hotel: 4* in St. Lucia

jeffers
By jeffers,
in

Hey folks! I'm trying to identify the 4* hotel listed in Hotwire for St. Lucia. I've done some of my own snooping, the results of which I'll mention below, but first, here are the hotwire specifics:

Check in: Mon, Jan 14, 2008

Check out: Mon, Jan 21, 2008

RATE: $219/night

HOTEL AMENITIES

Resort - Resorts offer a complete destination experience. Facilities generally include a spa or fitness center, one or more swimming pools, and superior dining options. Depending on location, recreational activities may include water sports, golf, tennis or skiing. Coastal resorts usually boast ocean views or beachfront access. Note: A resort fee may be charged.

Beachfront - Property is located on the beach.

Fitness Center - Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s) - Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s) - Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Tennis Nearby - Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

Spa Services - Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

Children's Activity Program - Property offers supervised programs, events or activities for younger guests; an additional charge may apply.

TRIPADVISOR CUSTOMERS REVIEWS

Traveler Rating: 4.0 out of 5

Based on: 280+ customer reviews

Last Reviewed: December 2007

By using Trip Advisor, I was able to narrow down the potential hotels. Basically I looked at all the hotels in St. Lucia, and then filtered the list for the 4/5 travelers ratings, and then filtered that list for hotels that had over 280 customer reviews. That left me with 4 results:

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort (4* TripAdvisor Hotel Class) / $245 on Expedia

Almond Morgan Bay Beach All-Inclusive (3.5* TripAdvisor Hotel Class) / $358 on Expedia

Coconut Bay Resort & Spa All-Inclusive (3* TripAdvisor Hotel Class) / $286 on Expedia

Jalousie Plantation (3.5* TripAdvisor Hotel Class) / $278 on Expedia

I tried to narrow it down further using the TripAdvisor Hotel Class listing, but those confuse me. The hotel class is listed differently on the hotel summary page then it is on the amenities page. Not sure what's up with that. I used the class listed on the amenities page for those indicated above.

Initially I was guessing on the Almond Morgan Beach resort, but I'm surprised Hotwire doesn't mention anything about all-inclusive. My next guess was Jalousie Plantation, but previous ratings from Hotwire suggest that would be a 4.5*.

Anyway, thoughts welcome. The $219 really isn't much of a savings on some of those hotels. I'd rather use priceline, but I'm wary of using it when trying to get something on a beach.

J.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The above is a match for the Elite Island Resorts Windjammer Landing so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make. (if you book direct please use our Expedia link)

Let us know whatever you decide to do and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]