Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Ft Lauderdale (West-Plantation) Holiday Inn Express Plantation

prea
By prea,
in

Tried west ft lauderdale 4* and 3*, using 5 rebid zones and got no luck.

Bid as much as US$ 101 for a 4* and US$ 92 for a 3* and nothing.

I am looking for a Hotel near the Sawgrass Mills Shopping Mall. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Pre

No, I don't have any back up reservation yet. I didn't expect it to be so hard to get reservations for these dates.

Why are the prices so much higher for these dates? Is there any event scheduled for that period?

How much do you think I should bid to get the room for this category/dates?

Thanks a lot.

Pre

You can bid again in 24 hours.

I don't know what's happening in the area but something is driving up hotel rates.

If you search (use our BetterChecker tool) for the best deal and let us know what you find we'll be in a better position to advise as to how much you should bid.

Is this merely a shopping trip? Can you stay outside the immediate area and drive a little further to the mall?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info.

Yes, this is a merely shopping trip, as it is 2-day extension of a vacation trip to Playa del Carmen - Carretera Maya, in Mexico.

And, as my wife is pregnant, it is much more confortable to stay in the Sawgrass Mills area. So I'm not considering the option of staying a little bit further, even though the access to the mall is pretty simple.

I've checked the conditions for a reservation in Hotwire, using your betterchecker tool, and I got US$ 162 for a 3* hotel, US$ 239 for a 3.5* and US$ 305 for a 4*.

My goal is to get a 4* or a 3* hotel in that area and pay not more than US$ 100.

I've tried again today and got nothing, bidding up to US$ 112 for a 4* and US$ 103 for a 3*.

What would you suggest me to do? Should I keep trying every day, or maybe wait a few days to see if the Hotels let more rooms avaiable for priceline?

Thanks again and regards,

Pre

Based upon current rates i think your chances of success at the amounts you're bidding at are low, but i'd continue to try before dropping to a 2.5* (at this point in time, at least).

Are you able to find any cancellable back-up within your budget? (even if at the 2.5* level)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

After trying for several days the 3* and 4* Hotels, bidding up to US$ 130, and having no luck, I finally decided to try the 2.5*.

And just got a 2.5* Hotel - Holiday Inn Express Plantation - for US$ 89.

Bid US$ 76 and nothing, rebid US$ 89 and got it.

Thru savingsbarn.com link.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you were ultimately successful and hopefully are happy with the results.

Thank you for helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]