Hotwire Hotel: First time visit 12/22 - 12/24 with infant

Patty42day
By Patty42day,
in

Hi! It's our first visit to San Francisco with our 5 month old son for a very short visit. Would love to know the best area hotel to stay with price range of 75-$100 with nice views from room with transportation nearby - trolley or BART maybe? It will be COLD so probably won't be able to walk much. Thought about Exploratorium with the baby for a few hours one day, restaurants within close walking distance and Christmas lights and decos close by and would like to take trolley and see Union Square/Nob Hill area is what I'm told to do, but no clue really. Any suggestions sincerely appreciated!

Some of the best Christmas lights and displays will be in the stores around Union Square. And hotel rates are really low for your dates, conventionally and on Hotwire. But you're not guaranteed a high floor with good views on HOTWIRE.

If you're firm on the good view I would probably book this conventionally. Parc 55, Grand Hyatt, and tower rooms at Westin St Francis are very near Union Square and will have good views from middle floors up. I can't identify those hotels among HOTWIRE's offerings for your dates though.

HOTWIRE's got a 4* in Embarcadero for $75 that looks like Hilton Financial. And a 4* on Nob Hill that looks like the Mark Hopkins for $112. Mark Hopkins is elegant, but up a steep hill from Union Square; not stroller friendly. Hilton Financial will have good views but again, it's a little far to walk with an infant. Cabfares to Union Square should be less than $5 from either hotel though.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]