Hotwire Hotel: 4* Montreal (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

Mandarin
By Mandarin,
in

I tried to be thorough with this so you could make your best guess. I'm shooting for the Hyatt Regency Montreal.

Only one 4* hotel was returned for each of the searches below. All results were earmarked "Best Value." My hunch is that the "Customer Favorite!" is likely the Hyatt. My concern is that the non-Cust Fav might be the Omni? Thanks for the help!

Desired Dates: Dec 28 - Jan 01 (4 nights)

In-Out Cost Amenities Remarks

27-30 $85 FPRBI Customer Favorite!; Best Value

27-01 $84 FPRBI Customer Favorite!; Best Value

28-01 $86 FPRBI Best Value

27-28 $85 FPRBI Best Value

28-29 $85 FPRBI Best Value

29-30 $89 FPRBI Best Value

30-31 $109 FPRBI Best Value

31-01 $115 FPRBIS Best Value

Amenities

F = Fitness

P = Pool

R = Restaurant

B = Business

I = Internet

S = Spa

The Customer Favorite designation often comes and goes and we have seen it appear/disappear when dates have been changed (as you're experiencing above) as well as from search to search (for the same dates) so i wouldn't read too much into it.

Besides the Hyatt, i'll throw the Omni and the Hilton in a possible guesses (the Omni has been reported with the above amenities and no custome favorite designation). Are there any particular hotels in the area you're trying to avoid?

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hyatt is my first choice. The Omni and Hilton are fine -- I've stayed in both before -- but their locations aren't ideal for me, especially not the Hilton's. I might be willing to "invest" the $85+ for 12/28 to find out if the Hyatt comes up. Purchased separately, would it be fair to assume that the 12/28 hotel would be the same as the 12/29 - 01/01 hotel?

Another consideration... I've been thinking of going with Priceline (Hyatt is 3*), but then I'm concerned with "winning" the Delta.

Does one, either, neither show the Customer Favorite designation when doing the searches seprately (also try searching HOTWIRE for just the last nite as your first purchase and then the balance of your stay)

I don't think there would be any way to target a specific hotel, or avoid a particular hotel, in this zone via Priceline.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ah, ok...now I see what you're asking for. Current numbers are below. The rate for my preferred dates -- the 28th-1st -- has changed. It is now $99 (prev $86) and a Customer Favorite.

27-30 $85 FPRBI Customer Favorite!; Best Value

27-01 $84 FPRBI Customer Favorite!; Best Value

28-01 $99 FPRBI Customer Favorite!; Best Value (previously $86 and not a Customer Favorite)

28-29 $89 FPRBI Best Value

29-01 $85 FPRBI Best Value

28-31 $85 FPRBI Best Value

31-01 $115 FPRBIS Best Value

28-29 $89 FPRBI Best Value

29-01 $85 FPRBI Best Value

Given that the amenties are the same, and neither has a Customer Favorite designation, the chances increase that it is the same hotel... but these amenties are very common in large cities and i would say it's far from certain that it's the same property.

If you do choose to split your stay, please use our HOTWIRE link for each purchase (ie- click our link to make the first purchase, if you're happy with the results, return here and click our HOTWIRE link again to make the second purchase)

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

I had been waiting for the "Customer Favorite!" tag to appear for the dates I wanted. Finally it did, and I rolled the dice. Got the Hyatt, as I was hoping. The details:

Hyatt Regency Montreal (12/28-01/01)

[Customer Favorite!] Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Internet

4 x $84/night + $59 taxes/fees = $395

Btw... The Savings Barn link wasn't connecting for me today, possibly because I'm at the office.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]