Hotwire Hotel: 3* Toronto (Downtown) Courtyard

Trouper
By Trouper,
in

I'm set to see Cirque in Toronto in September. This will be my first trip to Toronto so I don't really know the area. From what I can tell by reading through the forum, I can probably get the 3.5* sheraton for $59 a night and the 4* intercontinental for $66. If I go priceline, I see a lot of wining bids for courtyard at $35 a night. What would you guys suggest i do? I'm looking for someplace centrally located and sort of nice.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are determined by actual demand based upon your date(s) of stay so please include the date(s) of your stay in your post.

Assuming that the above rates hold true, what are your feelings about spending $35 for a Courtyard vs. $60 for a Sheraton or Inter-Continental? Some people think that the $35 is a steal and grab it while thinking that paying twice as much for the other properties is ridiculous... others see the $35 as a good deal but the $60 properties as a great deal and an affordable way to 'go in style'. It's a preference everyone has to decide for themselves what they like to spend their money on and what their budget is. There's really no 'right' or 'wrong' answer.

Although you may ultimately get a hotel different than the others above, a good idea would be to read some reviews of the above properties to get a feel for the 'class' of hotel and then make a decision. Post back your thoughts (or ask more questions) and once you determine which star level you'd like to go for we'll be happy to provide a recommended strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just put in the dates to Hotwire and got this as a result:

Sept 10 - Sept 12 Downtown Toronto

2 star $57 -Fitness center/Breakfast

3.5 star $59 (customer favorite) - Restaurant/pool/fitness center/spa

4 star $61 (best value) - restaurant/pool/fitness center/business center/tennis/spa

3 star $66 - botique hotel/restaurant/ fitness center

rest were over $150 so they are not a consideration.

It's only 2 nights stay, but I want something in a good location downtown that is nice. Any idea what hotels these are? I'm not too thrilled to hear about the parking prices though. I'm just in town to see Cirque du Soleil, do some siteseeing, and eat some good food. I guess I could try and priceline a 3 star first at $35, but I never seem to have any luck with priceline either. I'm looking for 3 star and up though value.

I used to live in Toronto and would definitely stay at the Intercontinental. It's right in the heart of the Bay/Bloor area, the core of the city, and you can easily hit points north, south, east and west from there. It's in chic Yorkville, where you can catch many a celebrity dining, strolling, or shopping.

In short, the Intercontinental is swankier than the Sheraton, which is farther downtown and not as "central." You gotta be "in the loop," in my opinon.

Trouper,

Don't know how i missed your Hotwire list in the prior post.

Does that 3.5* also show a Business icon? If so i think it's most likely the Sheraton (and i have heard good things about that property... nothing particular but i do remember somebody once commenting that they liked the property).

My best guess as to the 4* is that it's the Westin Harbour Castle.

You can double check the amenities shown to what is in our HOTWIRE HOTELS list (read beyond the first post) Keep in mind there could always be additional hotels that are not yet on our lists.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Courtyard and the Marriot Eaton both won on priceline. The Courtyard is amazingly spacious, comfy, yet moderate. It's nothing fancy but they were offering free internet for your laptop at the time we were there a couple months back. The Marriot Eaton was a bit more fancier and closer to Yonge and Bay street.

• 1 year later...

Well, this is much overdue, but I was able to priceline the Marriot Courtyard for $35 a night. One thing to keep in mind is the additional cost of the parking, but everyplace charges for it. Wi-Fi internet access is a major plus. The room is large and clean but I would not say fancy. The only drawback is that it's a few block north of what I'd say is convenient if you are going to walk the city. For the price though it's hard to beat.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]