Priceline Hotel: 4* Cincinnati (Downtown - Riverfront) Hilton Cinn.

hd_lowrider_ma
By hd_lowrider_ma,
in

Given that if rejected today you don't have any other opprotunities to bid again if rejected today, i would definately start with 4* and then if rejected up to your maximum bid try for a 3* (since you can't do it the other way around).

For 4* bidding in the area you have 7 re-bids for a total of 8 bids.

I would select 4* and try:

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $56, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $59, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $75.

I'm not sure if the above will be successful since the Westin's rate for the user who posted a win at $51 was substantially less then the rate for your nite. I went up to $75 because the Radisson (3*) is available direct for $85/nite and i'm assuming that price is a concern and you'd rather just spend less between the two known properties (or the same for the better property). Of course if the above is above your maximum bid than just stop at your maximum bid amount. Stopping short of the above also gives you the chance to try for 3* and then if rejected go back to bidding 4* (so remember which zones you use for re-bidding purposes).

If the above is rejected let us know and we'll weight the options for 3* since you don't have another chance to bid. If you're given a reasonable counter-offer with the above and don't have re-bids available you may want to take it due to no time to re-bid by waiting 72 hours.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks I'll let you know how I make out. Actually, I have an additional re-bid option as my corp. card has a different billing address than my personal card. As FYI, Hotwire has a 3.5* downtown @$77 and 3* Riverfront for $90. Of course, as always 'less is better".

Worst case I'll just cheap out by the airport (CVG) as my appointment is in Northern KY.

We have a winner and a new property to add to the list. details of bid

1st Bid $50 reject - was counter offered to raise by $14...not!

2nd bid, added zone $53 - reject

3rd bid - added zone $56 accepted - details below

4* Downton - Riverfront

Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

35 West Fifth St.

Your Offer Price: $56.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $56.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$15.03

Total Charges: $71.03

Should be better than the Fairfield Inn at $59 a night :-)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]