Hotwire Hotel: Any idea on a couple of Colorado Springs hotels?

travelguy2
By travelguy2,
in

I'm looking for a hotel for a stay in Colorado Springs on the dates of 11/30 through 12/2 - Hotwire gives three options as Best Value and I'm trying to figure out which one might be the best choice.

2.5* Colorado Springs South - Shuttle, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry - this seems to be a definite match for the Clarion. I haven't stayed at the Clarion before, but I've driven by it and wasn't impressed, and the reviews seem to be equally mediocre. So, I'm hoping one of the other two will be a hotel I'd like better.

2.5* Colorado Springs North - amenities are only Pool and Laundry. This doesn't seem to be a match for any of the ones listed (or that I know of). Most of the 2.5* hotels in that area offer a free breakfast so this seems a little unusual, unless it's an extended stay place. Any ideas?

3* Colorado Springs North (customer favorite) - amenities are shuttle, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, HSIA. I have no idea. Do you have a guess as to what this one might be?

Thanks for any advice you can offer, and I will report back on what I decide to do and find out.

This 'new' hotel in the South zone is a match for the Crowne Plaza so that would be our best guess. We agree with your guess on the Clarion, and i'm not sure of the 2.5*... if not an Extended Stay (Deluxe?) brand than perhaps a Days Inn, Ramada, or La Quinta? (or something similar... nothing that i would tend to get excited about)

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After all that, and some unsuccessful Priceline bids, I've concluded that there isn't going to be a sure-thing for under $70 this weekend in Colorado Springs (even my usual worst-case-scenario backup, the Drury, is $79), so I decided it was worth spending points instead. For those with Priority Club points, the Staybridge Suites in Colorado Springs is only 5000 per night for a 1BR suite!! This is an amazing deal so I decided to take advantage of that instead.

Thanks for your advice on the hotels, though...it is invaluable.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]