Priceline Hotel: Ft. Lauderdale Nov 5th Embassy Suites

Jerlyn
By Jerlyn,
in

Last year Oct. I was able to use Hotwire and get the Emb. S. for $70.00. This year the price is really up there. I have never used priceline, so I am not sure what to do. Do you think the going price would be cheaper on PL vs Hotwire?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Jerlyn

Sorry, i missed the date in the title.

There are two issues at work here:

1) Occupancy rates are up substantially vs. a year ago

2) This hotel has signed a contract with a few of the cruise lines for pre-nite cruise stays, thus making inventory a bit tighter.

Deals are still good, but not as great as they had been.

There is a good chance that the price comes down somewhat between now and your stay. If you choose to try via Priceline you'll most likely get a 3* hotel for less, but you also may not get the Embassy Suites (the Marriott Marina is also reported 3* hotel in this zone via Priceline). If your happy with either of those properties i would try Priceline, but if you'd be unhappy with the Marriott than i wouldn't advise it.

Another factor is your one peace of mind.... are you the type that likes to have everything planned ahead of time OR would you feel comfortable not having a hotel booked until a month before your stay? (also, if you booked now and then the price went down how would that affect your mood?)

$119 is a good rate for that property (not great, but good) and depending upon the answers to the above questions would determine how i proceeded. Let us know your own thoughts (temperment?) and we can assist further. If you choose to go with Priceline we can suggest a bidding strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for your advice, I have never stayed at the Marriott so I cannot compare the two. The reason we like the E.S. is sometimes our cruisemates decide to drive down a day early and of course there is the other couch/bed in the room.

But if I can get either one at a good price I think they will need to worry about getting there own or let me know now.

I would appreciate your help in a bidding proceedure.

Thanks in advance

Jerlyn

When bidding 3* in this zone you hae 2 re-bids available... if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read the prior link and if there are any doubts (or you just want to confirm the re-bid zones) then ask for help and somebody will confirm help you with it (i'll be gone until tomorrow nite though so hopefully another board member can help).

I would bid as follows:

3* Ft. Lauderdale Downtown:

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $86.

I think it's too early to bid much more than that at this time.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]