Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft. Lauderdale (West - Plantation) Renaissance

jrcane1
By jrcane1,
in

Just won on P/L the Renaissance Plantation hotel for 5/1-5/2. Accepted first bid for a 3* with my bid being $60. Maybe I started a little too high???

I was not optimistic as there is a Jimmy Buffett concert in that zone on 5/1 that we are attending. Research hotels we knew and most hotels were coming up with no occupancy or much higher prices when planning the trip.

Hotwire had a 3* for $83 so I wasn't dissapointed when receiving a room for less on P/L. Checked the winning bids for P/L and the Renaissance was listed as a 4* hotel so maybe this was a good deal. Never paying retail price is ALWAYS a good deal :)

Wasting away in Magaritaville.......

jr

• 1 month later...

Doing some research for a Fort Lauderdale stay 09/12/04. If you go into Priceline's packages for Ft. Lauderdale, you can see that this hotel is definately a 4*. I've heard of numerous upgrades when bidding for 3*'s in this area though....mainly to the Bonaventure Resort (although some people don't call this an "upgrade" :) ).

My guess is that you were upgraded, since the Renaissance can typically be won for $50 in the offseason. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]