Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Spokane (Spokane Valley) La Quinta

bethtoons
By bethtoons,
in

Spokane was giving me all sorts of headaches trying to PL a room. I made several attempts for the 3* range downtown, and wasn't getting any bites with an upper bound limit around $60, made a couple more sets of attempts dropping to 2.5* in just downtown and didn't get any bites staying under $50, finally opted to try outside of the downtown area and got this one today.

This was probably my third set of bid attempts using a handful of free zones in the last few weeks and the first that's gone through.

Congratulations, you got your price of $40 for a 2

If my mental map serves correctly, this should be near Spokane Valley Mall on the Sullivan Road exit of I-90. If it is where I think it is, notwithstanding traffic and or freeway construction (which has been happening) I would guess it is 15 minutes, 20 tops, to downtown, but an easy drive. Spokane traffic (not counting construction traffic) is not anywhere near Seattle or other big cities. I've only hit the Valley mall once, but it is huge and has many national chain restaurants and stores. Also, you are now halfway from downtown to visit Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, about 20-25 minutes further east on I-90, a small town I love, if for nothing else, than to walk the boardwalk at the Coeur d'Alene Hotel and to dip your toes in chilly Coeur d'Alene Lake.

Thanks for all the extra info on the area :) I'm planning the drive from Portland to Spokane prior to the first night (praying I can appreciate the views on the drive and still make it into Spokane before Riverfront park closes the carousel, the train, and the gift shops), and I'm planning to jog into Idaho the second day to spend most of it at Silverwood in Athol. The Coeur d'Alene info is great, as that was where I'm planning to spend the evening and grab dinner once the park closes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]