Hotwire Hotel: Also need help with Ka'anapali 4* and 4.5*

guntzie
By guntzie,
in

Hi again!

I also need to please request some assistance with some Maui hotels I'm finding on Hotwire. Dates 1/20/8-1/25/8.

#1) 4.5* Ka'anapali $382

-Customer Favorite

-Resort

-Beachfront

-Oceanfront

-Fitness Center

-Pool

-Restaurant

-Business Center

-Laundry

-Internet

-Golf

-Tennis

-Spa

-Children's Program

#2) 4* Ka'anapali $359

-Resort

-Beachfront

-Fitness Center

-Pool

-Restaurant

-Business Center

-Laundry

-Internet

-Golf

-Tennis

-Spa

-Children's Program

One more question beyond the identification of these hotels...this late in the game, is this the best price I can expect to get via Hotwire? I don't want to be unrealistic, as a small discount is better than none!

Thanks!

P.S. Thereuare....sorry about your loss yesterday. I was pulling for the Wolverines!

Different dates do warrant differnt threads (as you have correctly done), but we were looking for a follow-up to your other thread before moving further.

In regards to the above, are you willing to spend nearly $400/nite for a hotel room? Are you ready to purchase now?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Naturally, I would prefer not to spend $400 on a hotel room, but here is what I see are my options...

A) Priceline - Hopefully pay a lower price, but risk ending up at The Whaler (Ka'anapali is area of interest 1), The Prince (Wailea is area of interest 2), or the Diamond Resort. Although nice places, we'd probably prefer avoiding those options.

:) Hotwire - Pay a higher price, can 99% guarantee that I know what I'm getting.

C) Another consideration has been to book a package on Expedia including airfare from Oahu, rental car, and hotel. With a free night and the package discount, there are some reasonable options....but I'm always looking for a better deal!

So I guess I would be willing to take a smaller discount to ensure that we end up at a place that we really like. I am very open to your suggestions!

Thanks again. Sure wish I had found this site six months ago!

After recent success using Priceline to book a room in Waikiki, I would like to solicit input on PL bidding for my Maui hotel for my stay for 5 nights starting on 1/20/08. I would like a Resort in the Ka'anapali area.

In regards to The Whaler, I can't find any documentation of Priceline wins via the calendar. Is it still a PL hotel? I realize there are no guarantees, but if the chances are only slim that I would end up there, I may consider this.

I originally was considering a resort in the Wailea zone as well, but would prefer avoiding The Prince.

Any suggestions on strategy or starting bids? Thanks in advance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]