Priceline Hotel: Considering 5* in Vegas

vegastripper2008
By vegastripper2008,
in

I'm eager to try PriceLine to book 3 nights in Oct. 2008 for me and 10 other guys, who make an annual fall trip to Vegas, but I'm hesitant as I've not used it before. I've read that the Venetian is currently the only 5* hotel offered in the PriceLine "Vegas Strip-North" zone, and this is a hotel where we'd definitely consider staying, IF we can get a good deal (i.e., $200 and under). However, I would not be happy if I submitted a bid for three rooms, and then learned that we instead were booked at another hotel, even if it was a good one like THEHotel at Mandalay Bay. I think this one was recently added to the 5* list, but I believe it's in the "Vegas Strip-South" zone, which should prevent it from coming up based on my selection criteria. Am I silly to be so cautious? Is there any way to get 99% certainty that my bid, if accepted, would only result in rooms at the Venetian?

Also, is there any way to know whether it's just too far in advance to try PriceLine for a hotel? The Venetian website doesn't offer Oct. 2008 rooms yet, so does that mean that it's not possible for PriceLine to accept a bid for that hotel yet?

Thanks much!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I've read that the Venetian is currently the only 5* hotel offered in the PriceLine "Vegas Strip-North" zone
I wouldn't make that conclusion... read the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List.
Is there any way to get 99% certainty that my bid, if accepted, would only result in rooms at the Venetian?
NO. I would consider it a very good chance, but wouldn't put it at 99%. I think the Wynn is another possibility in this zone, although not yet reported.

There is one other option i'd consider checking, what are the actual date(s) of your stay? How many rooms would you need?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, and thanks for the reply! I'm looking at Thurs, 10/2/08 to Sun, 10/5/08, and we will probably want 4 rooms. We may not book for another month or so, but I try to plan as far ahead as possible to get a good rate, while preserving options to go elsewhere should a better deal come along. Note: for our fall '07 trip, we booked 9 months out and reserved Bellagio off their website for $199/night (for Thurs, Fri, & Sat), so we'd like to keep to an avg. of $200/night or less. But if we are able to get a room at Venetian via PriceLine for less than $200, we'd probably go for it. I think the group would consider Wynn - I'll ask around "just in case."

Thanks again - I'm all ears!

I'm back - the last weekend in Sept 2008 is now available for reserving at Venetian and Wynn. The pre-tax rates for those nights (Thurs 9/25, Fri 9/26, Sat 9/27) are shown on their respective websites as follows:

Venetian

Thurs: $449

Fri: $449

Sat: $449

Wynn

Thurs: $399

Fri: $329

Sat: $329

I assume that the first weekend in Oct 2008 (the dates I'm seeking) will become available in the next couple of weeks, and I have no reason to expect they'll be priced below these rates. If they end up resembling these rates, is there any reason to think that a PriceLine bid for $200 or less would be accepted? I guess there's nothing to lose, as long as I'm willing to stay at one of them for that price, right? :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]