Hotwire Hotel: San Diego SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter

rslattery
By rslattery,
in

3 * fitness, pool, restuarant, laundry, internet

4 * beachfront, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry, internet, golf, tennis

3.5 * resort, airport shuttle, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry, internet, tennis, spa

We have friends that have already booked a room at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina for Jan. 17-20th. We would like to stay there too, or at least someplace really close. Can someone confirm that the Hilton and the Kona Kai would be quite a distance from the Hyatt? it looks like Paradise Point or the Holiday Inn are in better proximity, is that correct?

Based on all of that, what do you think the hotels above are? if the 3* is currently the Holiday Inn, what are the chances the 3* offering will ever be the Hyatt before our trip?

Thanks.

Robin

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For some of the properties above you have only listed eight amenities, but i belive there are likely more. If you go back to HOTWIRE, for each property click the "continue" or "hotel details" button link for each offering... do you see more amenity icons than you've listed above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
The following are matches and our best guesses for each:

4* Hilton Mission Bay

3.5* Kona Kai

3* Holiday Inn

JUST A NOTE: I'd more specifically ID the Holiday Inn as the "Holiday Inn Mission Bay Sea World" on Sports Arena Blvd., since there are about 10 Holiday Inns in the area, causing much confusion. And if I wanted to be on Mission Bay or Shelter Island I'd be sorely disappointed to get this Holiday Inn, in the middle of a very busy shopping area (Target, Home Depot, Marshalls,etc.) and the Sports Arena. But it is conveniently next to a Bakers Square restaurant, and is only about 5 minutes from Sea World. I'd go for the Dana or the Hyatt Islandia -- both are even closer to Sea World, but have frontage on the bay, a tropical atmosphere, and beautiful pools. The Hyatt's pool is torn up right now --through early 08-- but they allow you to use the beautiful large Dana pool and big jacuzzi, across the street.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]