Priceline Hotel: 150$ Wanting MTW, what to ask for? 7/3/08-7/8/08

andy4958
By andy4958,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Before moving forward, if i may ask, why do you want to be in the MTW zone? Have you been to NYC before? The city is so compact, and mass transit cheap and readily avaialble, that most midtown locations work out quite well for the average visitor. Since you mention budget being an issue, i'm not sure why you wouldn't inlcude other zones... increasing the number of hotels able to accept your offer as well as giving you more bidding opportunities; both important aspects when trying to get the best deal.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

People have told me that to be as close as possible to times square. What other zones near would you also recommend? I have been twice to nyc, when i was younger with my parents, this time its on my own.

Do you really get good deal in priceline?

I really like the radio city apartments and can get one for 220$ for 4. Is it beatable?

I'd recommend MTE. As mentioned in another thread, I stayed in MTW last time I went to NYC, but preferred other areas of the city and really ended up spending more time in other areas than Times Square/MTW. Next time I go, I'll stay in MTE, which I found preferrable. And really, MTE is certainly not far from MTW. Downtown, on the other hand, I wouldn't recommend. However, MTE/MTS and Upper Midtown/CPS are certainly worthy of consideration and, as mentioned, opening up your bidding to other nearby areas would give you more potential for a win.

You may not be able to get a 4* for $150 right away since it's so far out date-wise, but be persistent and keep bidding for a 4* in the desired areas. I would start a little lower though - maybe $115-125 - and gradually, over time, work up towards $150. If you get to $150 and aren't accepted, don't give up - keep trying.

People have told me that to be as close as possible to times square.
:) See our comments regarding Hotels Near Times Square
How does priceline work? imagine i get a hotel for 120$ and i dont like it, what do i do?? cancel and keep looking?
You need to do some reading before you're ready to bid... start here: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

- should i wait some time to get closer to the date i want??
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
- Should i have a back up plan??
I would try bidding first, then if rejected, find a suitable back-up.
- Can i really get a deal for 150$??
Plenty examples of such on the board, you won't know if available for your dates until you try :)
- What happens if i get a hotel and dont like it? do i have to keep it???
Yes, as priceline and HOTWIRE purchases are non-refundable and non-changable... those are the conditions of the deeply discounted rates we often receive.

If you'd like to bid let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Potential Back-ups include:

1. The poorly-reviewed Radisson Lexington ($151, Expedia.com)

2. The superbly reviewed Hotel 41 ($159, Expedia.com)

3. The bizarre (but neat) looking Night Hotel, which gets good reviews, for $200 (Quikbook.com)

4. Studio Suite @ Shelburrne Murray Hill via Expedia ($199)

Hotel 41 gets the best reviews of the bunch: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g6...y_New_York.html

The rooms at Hotel 41 are tiny, but I have to say, any hotel that has rooms that small and can get a 4.5 out of 5 on tripadvisor from people who stayed there has to be doing something VERY right.

Been checkin the hotels you tell me. Hotel 41 look pretty good. The thing is we may be a party of 3 or 4. And i still dont know. I really like the radio city aparts. which are 220$ for 4 people, with kichenette and sofa area. What are your thoughts on this place? At hotwire i could get a room for 3?

If you have 4 people, there's no way I'd recommend Priceline unless you want to fit 4 people in a tiny room with 1 bed, as Priceline only guarantees 1 bed.

Rooms in NYC are tiny - if you had 4 people in a room at Hotel 41 for example, you would have 4 people sharing 100-135 sq ft.

You can search for 4 on Hotwire, but it's going to cost you more in extra person fees for the other 2 people. You will also rack up some high extra person fees at any hotel in NYC with 4 people in 1 room.

Hotwire has options for 2, but really nothing aside from a 2* for 4 people.

$150 for a room with 1-2 people will not be difficult. $150 for a room with 3-4 people will be significantly more difficult and makes a 4* unlikely.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]