Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea-Makena) Maui Prince

SariT32
By SariT32,
in

Hi everyone. I am looking for some help using priceline. I am looking for a 4* hotel/resort for the above dates. I found $262 on hotwire for what is probably the Maui Prince, but i am looking for something more in the $200 range. Any suggestions on bidding strategy? And what is the difference between bidding for a specific * level or bidding for a resort? it seems like most of the hotels fall into both categories.

Thank you!!!!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use priceline we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board.

Resorts fall into the 4.5* category, that is, they are higher rated than 4* properties and rated less than 5* porperties, in the 'pecking order'.

What do you want to set at your minimum star level and is the Wailea-Makena zone the only one you're willing to accept?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

There is only Resort bidding available in the Wailea-Makena zone and you have one re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Rates are high so i'm not very optimistic regarding your success at $200 or less, but i'd try as follows:

Select Resort in Wailea-Makena...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, I've tried for the last couple days, getting my bid up to $220. When i bid this amount i got a response saying that if i bid $25 more dollars than they would have a hotel for me. I decided not to do this. Have you ever seen this before? Any thoughts on strategy on where to go from here?

Thank you!

Since you have already tried that amount and were turned down, there's not much else you can do other than:

-SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

-lower your star rating

-wait it out

However, if you are willing to go a bit higher you'll likely find success at less than an additional $20.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]