Priceline Hotel: Advice for 4* for 3 in a room

4family
By 4family,
in

Hello all......I DO realize that priceline wins guarantee only a room for 2, and often just one bed. My wife and 2 girlfriends hope to find a weekend in midJanuary in NYC midtown area. My questions are: based on this being a slower time in Manhattan, how likely would you guess that winning a 4* midtown bid for 1 room, the hotel might have enough empty inventory to provide a room with 2 double beds. I know it depends entirely on what's available at the time. I did find a weekend January room rate of $239 at the Carlton on Madison, for a guaranteed 2 double beds, and the hotel looks pretty nice. I'm just trying to decide if it would be cheaper to try and get 2 rooms on P/L or hotwire, try to gamble for 1 room and hope for 2 beds... Any other suggested hotels that can definitely accomodate 3? They want to be within an easy walking distance of central midtown/times square. Thanks.......

Really depends which hotel you win, if you get the "4 star" W New York in MTE, they simply have no rooms with double beds there's barely room for one bed. It wouldn't be wise to bid on one room with 3 people, why not try bidding on two rooms till you reach whatever amount your comfortable paying otherwise go with a traditional booking. Would you perhaps find two rooms more convenient?

Can you list your dates of travel? Have you also checked out HOTWIRE? You could do a search for 3 or 4 to a room. From HOTWIRE's Customer Care:

Q: How many beds are in the lodgings?

A: All rooms booked on Hotwire will accommodate the appropriate number of guests in each room, based on the total number of guests you provided and the number of rooms you requested. While we cannot guarantee the number of beds in a property room, some properties may offer pull-out couches or cots. If you have specific needs, please contact the property directly. Our partners will do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Thanks. Their dates are likely to be checkin January 17th for 4 nights, checkout Monday the 21st. The alternative is the previous weekend Jan 10-14th. I didn't realize the first weekend is a holiday weekend in the US....does that usually increase rates. I think they'd prefer to share a room if they could all fit.

I didn't realize on hotwire that plugging in 3 people was an option. When I check for the 17-21st, I find 2 hotels that might work. First, a 3* in midtown central (amenities fitness centre, pool, restaurant, hi speed internet) for $169 (maybe Holiday Inn midtown?). Second, a 3* in midtown south (amenities complimentary breakfast, fitness, business centre, hi speed internet) for $115 (maybe Holiday Inn express). I don't think they want to go below that star level.

Last question, does hotwire guarantee a nonsmoking room? I appreciate the help from the board.

Last question, does hotwire guarantee a nonsmoking room? I appreciate the help from the board.

No, but call the hotel and make your request, and it always helps to confirm this on the day of check in. I have only been denied a non-smoking room twice in about 4 years, but there are no guarantees.

...is the Holiday Inn express the same as the Holiday Inn express Chelsea (madison sq garden); and the holiday inn is the one on 57th st?

Yes, those are the ones.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]