Priceline Hotel: Need help in Munich *4 or *5

mermaid31
By mermaid31,
in

I'm headed to Munich and was looking for advice.

My husband and I have never been to Germany and are heading there for a long weekend. It looks like the city center south is the most convienent location with the city center north coming in a close second. Are there other areas we should look into - we will not have a car?

Also, any advice on hotels -- I'm thinking *4 or *5, as it's our anniversary trip - or should we consider a *3 as well.

And lastly, if priceline does not work out are there any hotels or hotel sites into which I should look?

Much thanks,

Lish

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I will leave the location question to those that know the area better than i do, but i would recommend at least trying for 4* or 5* properties. Ratings outside of North America can be very different than those most of use are accustomed to, and a 3* overseas may not be what you expect.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just wanted to add my experiences:

Either area of Munich is good. The whole city is easy to get around in using public transportation. You should have no problem.

The only 5* hotel that I have ever been awarded is the Le Meridien in the South Zone. It's going to take a bid in the $100-110 range to land this one - even when lemeridien.com has rates as low as 125 Euros. (I guess they've just set their PL rates extremely high to begin with.)

I've seen two 4* hotels show up... both of them in the North Zone: The Marriott and the Renaissance Hotel. You should be able to get one of these for somewhere between $55 and $60, depending on your travel dates.

You've got 2 free rebids if you go for the 5*, but none if you decide for the 4* hotels. If you end up getting a 4* in the South Zone I'd love to hear about it... Dying to know what it could be! Either way... Remember to post your winning bid...

Enjoy M

No luck on my *5 Le Meridien.

I went to $115 and was denied!

When I checked Hotels.com and Expedia many of the hotels had much higher prices for Friday night - maybe there is some type of convention in town which is why I didn't get it.

Also, Hotels.com was showing that there were only 5 more rooms left (don't know if that's legit or a marketing ploy) so I went ahead and booked the room through Expedia. The ave. price was $150 ($220 on Friday - $102 on Sat - $128 on Sun). I decided the potential savings of maybe $30 a night wasn't worth it because of the possibility of the hotel selling out.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Lish

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]