NY NYC Radisson Lexington MTE

Bern
By Bern,
in

Stayed at Radisson Lexington 30/31st October. We were shown to 3rd floor room - and the hotel was undergoing a lot of renovation to the outside - scaffolding all around the front.

Within minutes of entering the room, we were aware of a squeaking noise from the ventilator panel high on the wall above us. Rang down and then visited reception, and told them there was an 'animal' type noise coming from the room. "What sort of animal?" the receptionist asked .... "a rat like animal" said my daughter!. A maintenance guy came to the room, heard the noise and immediately moved us to 11th floor - which was a much nicer room (the 3rd floor had just a shower, 11th had a shower over a bath). I got the impression that, had we been deaf, we'd have stayed in 3rd floor.........To be fair to the Radisson, the room looked beautifully clean, and there was no 'scurrying' noises - no movement - but there were pest control vans around the following day!

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at the Radisson Lexington MTE one night, Tuesday November 13, 2007. Accepted on first bid for 3* in MTE of $185. Probably overbid.

Now for the hotel itself. This property clearly has smaller "Priceline" rooms. I stayed on the 4th floor. I mention the "Priceline" rooms because this information is very important for people who may want to fit four people into a room. As with many star levels and zones in NYC, this is a risky strategy. It may backfire if you bid 3* in MTE.

I was staying alone, so the "Priceline" room was still sufficient for me. My room had a shower/bath combo. Linens and decor were solid 3* quality. I wonder how often the room I stayed in is occupied. Daylight Saving Time gave way to Standard time a week and a half before my arrival, but the alarm clock still displayed DST. (It shows Standard Time now.) I had an iron and ironing board in my room.

Now for the negatives. I didn't realize it until I tried to fall asleep, but this room was near a service elevator. I'm not one who usually hears such noise, but I certainly did that night and it seemed the elevator was used quite frequently. I also heard what I thought sounded like washing machines in operation. I just turned the radio on low and the white noise drowned out the irritating noises.

The room was on the fourth floor and a sign near the elevator clearly stated that the floor was a non-smoking one. I did, however, smell cigarette smoke in the hallway. (I could not smell any smoke whatsoever in my room.) I visited the fifth floor to get a bucket of ice. The fifth floor had no sign indicating that it is a non-smoking floor. As I walked to the ice machine, I detected the unmistakable odor of marijuana coming from one particular room -- it was obvious which one. It seems to me the Radisson would be more vigilant in rooting out both kinds of behaviors.

Aren't Radissons supposed to have Sleep Number beds? My room didn't have one. Don't get me wrong, the bed was plenty comfy, I just expected a Sleep Number bed.

If you're staying alone and 4* hotels seem unattainable*, the Radisson is an acceptable place with a great location.

* I had bid up to $295 for a 4* in all NYC zones without success.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]