Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Chicago (Hoffman Estates) La Quinta

hounddog01
By hounddog01,
in

Houndog01:

That is a difficult one. Not able to determine thru the usual tricks or on the hotel list. But you already know that don't you? You claim to use hotwire for all your personal travel and spend "over 80 nights a year on business travel", but not one of your few posts lists a winning priceline bid or hotwire selection. Why not post some of your hotel stays so we can all benefit and improve the hotel list. There are a lot of freeloaders using this site, be a man and contribute a little information. Do you even use the savingsbarn links?

john olson,

Excellent point(s), which obviously i'm in agreement with.

However, i'm sure hounddog01 is having a tough enough time at the moment with his daughter's immediate medical needs, so let's go a little easy and show some compassion, have him help clean-up the board by following-up on any existing unresolved threads, and we'll start fresh moving forward. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My appologies if I am being too crude during a family emergency. I understand such situations and my intent is only to get someone who has previously promised to share said info if he had "won" a bid. If you are always too busy to share info, why should anyone help you now? This board only works as a channel of information. If you only take and never give, well I guess that is endemic of today's society. As a frequent travelor it is hard to believe you have not won a hotel that is not on the lists. How good is your word? I have been banned from many AOL boards due to my temper so I state these opinions under a fake nic. The info we all provide is valuable to us all.

Peace

Houndog01:

That is a difficult one. Not able to determine thru the usual tricks or on the hotel list. But you already know that don't you? You claim to use hotwire for all your personal travel and spend "over 80 nights a year on business travel", but not one of your few posts lists a winning priceline bid or hotwire selection. Why not post some of your hotel stays so we can all benefit and improve the hotel list. There are a lot of freeloaders using this site, be a man and contribute a little information. Do you even use the savingsbarn links?

My appologies if I am being too crude during a family emergency. I understand such situations and my intent is only to get someone who has previously promised to share said info if he had "won" a bid. If you are always too busy to share info, why should anyone help you now? This board only works as a channel of information. If you only take and never give, well I guess that is endemic of today's society. As a frequent travelor it is hard to believe you have not won a hotel that is not on the lists. How good is your word? I have been banned from many AOL boards due to my temper so I state these opinions under a fake nic. The info we all provide is valuable to us all.

Peace

Maybe this is why people do not post anything on here. You sir, are a JERK. I wanted to use more harsh words but do not want to be removed from this board. I have only posted on here one time, about a hotel I did not book. Most of the others are ones that are in "Hotwire hotel list - Illinois", not sure I should repeat what is already stated.

If you must know I book about 10 hotels a year about 20+ nights with Hotwire. I travel over 80 nights a year for Business. I will start to share more when I book something not listed, I am sorry that I needed information ASAP with my daughters issue. From your post I see you could care less what kind of situation someone is in, your just concerned with what they have done for YOU lately. This is for YOU!

I booked this room:

La Quinta Inn

Chicago Hoffman Estates

2280 Barrington Rd.

Hoffman Estates, IL 60195

Phone: (847) 882-3312

I see that you have only posted twice. Since you seem to have a vast knowledge of the way Hotwire works, why not more posts from you? I think it garbage you created a "nic" because of your temper, have some guts, be a man and show who you really are. Maybe you are you one of thoes "freeloaders" you speak of.

I will tell you that with comments like this it is no wonder no one wants to post anything. I MOD a site and if I were to see comments like this I would send you a PM about your tone when someone is in need.

Your weak appology is not accepted! I do not know if you have children, if so your compassion for a 12 year old girl is reprehensible. If not you may know how I feel if you ever have children.

Hounddog:

Since I have done nothing wrong and you have resorted to name-calling and flaming, I withdraw my appology. You are the person who chose to bring your family issues to this board. I did not address your personal problems at all. It is not relavent to me or your request for help other than to maybe add a sense of urgency to the situation. I work in human resources and I have many times had to go out of my way to handle peoples various emergencies. How many times can an employees mother die anyway? To me, you are just another drama-queen.

Many people lurk on this site and that is fine. However if you are asking for help, common courtesy would require that you also report your wins so as to help others. So you finally won a hotel that was not on the list, congrads. Posting it wasn't that difficult was it? Even wins of a hotel on the list are valuable to know for the price points they are won at. Also, with location zones and star rating changes, the info on the hotel lists gets old fast. You bragged about using hotwire so much, maybe you can contribute more info once you get over your self rightous attitude.

I doubt I am the reason people don't post wins. On the contrary, I am probably the reason you finally fessed up and posted one.

As for a fake nic, I take it that "hounddog" is your real name? How nice for you.

Peace

The tension in this thread is completely unnecessary and I would appreciate it being halted immediately. Whatever hounddog01 did or did not post in the past he did or did not post in the past. He has been asked to update previous posts and post wins in the future. He posted his current win and if we keep things encouraging and kind, maybe he will return and continue to keep sharing his wins with the board.