airfare help....orf to bkk

pmc22
By pmc22,
in

Ive been trying to get tickets for my friends to come visit me for the holidays but I'm having a heck of a time as airfare prices are just outrageous. They really don't want to spend more than $1100. Their ideal travel dates are Dec 22 to Jan 8 but are somewhat flexible.

After countless hours of playing around with different variations I found a flight on Delta for $1186 thru their website. I've tried searchcing thru priceline but for some reason it says no fares are available????....strange

So I guess I'm looking for input as to whether they should book now or wait with the possibility of prices coming down when the airlines realize they havnt sold all their inventory....was thinking like maybe around thanksgiving which would put it at a 30 day window.

Or should I try and bid thru priceline on the dates where I found the $1186. They aren't worried about miles or layovers so was thinking maybe that would be a good option......was thinking starting at $700 for the bid???

Any help/advice you all have would be much appreciated....thx!!!

Doing a quick look at kayak.com, they are showing prices of over $2000 for your dates from ORF (Norfolk) to BKK (Bangkok). I don't think that under $1200, for what's probably the most expensive flight week of the year for international flights, is overly expensive. Is the $1186 all-in? Can't imagine that Priceline could beat it, even if they had inventory.

thanks....yeah that 1186 is all inclusive....its just that it departs on the 24th and arrives into bkk on the 26th at like 12:10 am.....i was hoping i could get them out earlier so they wouldnt have to spend xmas on a plane but i guess being high season it doesnt look like thay have any other options....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]