Hotwire Hotel: 2* DC (South of Mall) Capitol Skyline

hawksmoor
By hawksmoor,
in

I had a miserable experience in DC this weekend, thanks to my getting careless with details--I had so often stayed at the Capitol Hill Suites (2 star, south of the mall) through Hotwire, and been pleased, that when I saw what looked like this hotel (the only 2-star betterbidding has "pinned" for this area), I assumed it was the same--but Hotwire has since added the deplorable Best Western Capitol Skyline hotel, MUCH further south in a bleak, construction-plagued area frequented only by the homeless, absolutely nothing around to recommend it, frightening to walk in during the day, impossibly so at night--so whatever savings I incurred were eaten up by the obligatory taxi ride back at night, the ONLY time in 20 years of traveling to DC and staying in a multitude of areas, that I felt I add to forego the metro. Of course complaining to Hotwire results in nothing but their sending you reams of boilerplate as to how it was my own damn fault. (Hard to deny.) When I complained enough to get a human being and not just a cut-and-paste computer to address my concerns, they said they don't take the neighborhood into account when entering into a partnership with their hotels--to which I could only reply, WHY THE HELL NOT? Don't your want your clients to be reasonably satisfied? Apparently not. I know, I know, buyer beware and all that, so that's why I'm writing this. BEWARE. Don't get lulled into a false sense of knowing what you're doing based on the past, because Hotwire is out to pull the rug out from under you in the future.

If you really wanted to help/warn users of this property how about sharing your results with the board (you've provided no information to ID this property: date, price paid, zone, star rating, amenities, etc... nor any of your previous wins with the board :) ).

You can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]