Priceline Hotel: Resort Hilton Head Island Hilton Oceanfront

keithh
By keithh,
in

I was wondering if anyone has found any cities or priceline zones that pretty much always give you a beachfront room. My wife and I are looking to get away for a couple of nights in early Jan. and I thought that maybe if I started looking now I could find a good deal on a room. I am looking for 3* or higher and right on the beach I realize this may not always be possible with priceline but I figured I would give it a try. If anyone has any suggestions I will try them and post my results.

Thanks, Keith

Attempt #1 $60 for a 3* in Folly Beach and was rejected...

#2 added West Charleston still 3* $62 rejected

#3 added North Charleston-Northwoods Mall $65 rejected (3*)

I will try again tomorrow. Is there a possibility that since I am trying for a room in January that Priceline does not have a room yet?

there is only one hotel in the area.
Yet priceline offers 3* and 2* bidding in this area, which would imply that there are at least 2 hotels in the area :)

It's very possible that the opaque providers don't have access to any inventory at the moment, or that they won't get any inventory for these dates at all, given that there are a limited number of hotels in the area (just one or two).

What is the name of the hotel you're seeking and what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional methods? What are the date(s) you're bidding for?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With your two re-bid zones, i'd try again as follows:

Select 3* Folly Beach...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Folly Beach and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In 24 hours i'd re-try...

Select 3* Folly Beach...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Folly Beach and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100.

Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]