Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Beach) Deauville Resort

mmcm1886
By mmcm1886,
in

:) Please help. I bid for a hotel stay for a 3 * in downtown Miami on 5/28/04. First I bid $37, rejected.

Next added North Miami for free rebid and increased to $39, rejected. Then added SW Miami and increased to $40, rejected. Finally added Key Biscayne for another rebid and went to $45, rejected again.

Any ideas or strategies? I based these bids on recent successful bids on this board for the same time frame. Thanks for your help.

5/28 begins the Memorial Day weekend, and many hotels will have a minimum stay. The Hyatt downtown has a 2-day minimum and the Radisson, Sheraton & Doubletree 3-days (which I was able to determine by adding days after 5/28 on their websites to get availability - all showed sold out on 5/28). It's always a good idea to check the websites of the hotels that come up in a desired zone for availability and rate information before bidding. What it will take for a successful bid often varies depending on availability and prevailing rates, so recent bids unfortunately aren't always the best guide. The Marriott downtown is showing availability for 5/28 alone, so maybe you could keep trying for that. Or would you consider another zone such as Coral Gables or Coconut Grove?

:) Thanks for your input. I added South Beach zone for $50, no luck. Finally I added Miami Beach for $55 and the bid was accepted. It is the Deauville Resort Miami , offer price $55 + $13.81 tax and fees for a total of $68.81. It may not be right near the cruise port, but it will be wonderful to be on the beach.

Check-in date: May 28, 2004

Check-out Date: May 29,2004

Hotel name: Deauville Resort Miami 3*

6701 Collins Avenue

Miami Beach, Florida 33141

Offer Price: $55.00

Taxes & service: 13.81

Total: $68.81

(Resort fee $7 per night, valet parking $18 in addition)

I hope this helps other Memorial Day vacation travelers. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]