Hotwire Hotel: Help Required for 2008

portygirl
By portygirl,
in

I obtained the 4* Intercontinental for 4 nights next September on Hotwire for $99 per night when just trying the site out for the 1st time ( beginners luck !) I do however require a 5th night at peferably the same hotel or if not an airport hotel.The 5th night was originally $260 but is now $219 ( for hotel with exact same details) - it is a long way off till we travel. Any ideas on why this 5th night - 09/23/08 should be more expensive ? Also should I just pay the $219 & get this hotel now or wait for a further reduction, ?when. The other option is to wait & bid for an airport hotel on Priceline as this will be our last night before flying out.Thanks in anticipation.

I obtained the 4* Intercontinental for 4 nights next September on Hotwire for $99 per night when just trying the site out for the 1st time ( beginners luck !) I do however require a 5th night at peferably the same hotel or if not an airport hotel.The 5th night was originally $260 but is now $219 ( for hotel with exact same details) - it is a long way off till we travel. Any ideas on why this 5th night - 09/23/08 should be more expensive ? Also should I just pay the $219 & get this hotel now or wait for a further reduction, ?when. The other option is to wait & bid for an airport hotel on Priceline as this will be our last night before flying out.Thanks in anticipation.

Did you try the "extend your stay" possibilitiy? Was it not offered? Maybe Have another look at your acceptance "letter".

Any ideas on why this 5th night - 09/23/08 should be more expensive ?

Could be any number of reasons, but one explanation is that they have a corporate conference booked for that day and have a certain numbers of rooms 'blocked' for guests of the event... so they're not currently offering deeply discounted rooms to the opaque suppliers for this date. In such a situation, if attendees book a lot of rooms you'll likely see rates rise and little/no inventory offered to the opaque suppliers (or if offered not be at a deeply discounted price)... if not many attendees decide to stay the nite then you'll like see deeper discounts become available in the future (as you get close to the 'block or rooms' being held getting released)

Can you please follow-up your Hotwire Win thread confirming the full list of amenities shown.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I thought that might be the case, I will follow the prices of this hotel ( assuming all descriptions are equal ) & hope to get it at a cheaper rate for that night if not it will be Priceline for our last night at the airport. I don't want to risk getting an alternative hotel in the same area for 1 night only & I'm very unlikely to get it for less than $99 even on Priceline.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]