changed info and could not bid again on Priceline

tampadee
By tampadee,
in

You can't make a bid whose parameters are more restrictive than any bid you've made in the past 24 hours. This means:

1. You can't bid for a higher star level in the same zone for the same dates. So if you bid for a 3* in zone A, you can't subsequently bid for a 4* in zone A without waiting 24 hours. Priceline doesn't allow this because by selecting 3*, you are automatically bidding for all hotels in the zone that are rated 3* or higher. You can go the other way, though; if you bid for a 4* in zone A, you can immediately try for a 3* in zone A, because that would increase the set of hotels that could accept your bid.

2. You can't bid for a set of zones that is the same or a subset of any other set of zones you've bid for previously. For example, if you bid for a hotel in zone A, then zone A + zone B, you can't then bid for zone B alone without changing another parameter or waiting 24 hours. However, if you bid for zone A, then for zone B (by starting a new bid), you still have the option of bidding for zone A + zone B.

I'm not sure it's the same situation but I've had this happen to me many times:

I bid for two nights say Monday and Tuesday in a particular area and star level. The bid fails so I change the dates to Wed. and Thurs. and leave the zone and star level unchanged. Bid fails. So then I change dates back to Monday and Tuesday but add an additional zone. Bid fails. When I change dates to Wed. and Thurs. and I try to submit a bid it says I must change at least one part of my original request (even though I now have two zones I'm bidding on). I don't know why it happens but closing the window and starting over allows the bid to be processed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]