Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House Hilton

maggiemae
By maggiemae,
in

Planning to be in Chicago 11/3-6, 2007.

I did check availability for 4* hotels on their websites for this period prior to placing bids and there was still seemingly lots of space available. I bid on Priceline unsuccessfully this morning as follows: 4* NMA $76; 4* NMA, Midway $82; 4* NMA, Midway, Grant/Loop/Millenium $86.

I would like to score a room and would greatly appreciate a suggested plan for next bids. I plan to rebid in 24 hours and to use your suggested link. I do have a back up fully cancellable hotel just in case.

Thanks in advance!

My back up is the Fairmont for three nights at $171. We always seem to stay in that area and were looking at NMA as an alternative. By the way, I also saw the Whitehall at about $132 all in. I would like to net out at about that.

I had not thought about splitting the bid. For a three night stay, I would prefer to settle in to one place for the duration. Is the Saturday night stay the issue with my bid??

Thanks in advance for your very speedy replies.

Weirdly, Saturday appears to be higher than Sunday and Monday at some hotels, while other hotels are higher on Monday and lower on Sat/Sun.

There's no major conventions on these dates (although there is one starting the day after you leave), so that's not a worry.

The Intercontinental is now showing on HOTWIRE for these dates $139, which wasn't showing earlier. What appears to be the Palmer House is also showing for $124, although if you want to be in or right near the NMA area, that wouldn't be a good location, as it's in the middle of the Loop.

What appears to be the Omni Suites Michigan Ave is showing for $162 (a 4* in the North Michigan Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast area, with the amenities: Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business) for all 3 days. While that would be more expensive, if this is the Omni, the Omni is showing a $369 per night rate for these dates on Expedia.com making the HOTWIRE rate a major savings.

I was able to follow up on the probable Omni and Palmer House rates that you dug up, but not the Intercontinental. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to try Priceline again. How do I know when exactly 24 hours have passed or are they not exacting. I'm old at traveling, but not at this. Thank you again for your efforts on my behalf.

about $132 all in
What is this per nite before taxes and fees?
I'm hoping that it will be per night inclusive of taxes and service.

Thank you for asking.

I'm asking what is your maximum bid amount before taxes and fees.

All bid amounts in the strategies we suggest are before taxes and fees, so to suggest a strategy, we'll need to know what that amount is (on a pre-tax/fee basis... not post-taxes/fees)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Great savings! Sorry you're not thrilled with the Palmer House, although hopefully you'll have a better experience there this time around. It is at least a very good location for the Loop, as there's a few train stops nearby and the Art Institute/Millennium Park are right there. There's also a Corner Bakery on Monroe and Wabash (which is sort of the NE corner of the block the Palmer House sits on) if you're looking for a good, quick meal.

Thank you for reporting your win. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]