Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Doubletree

robideauvt
By robideauvt,
in

I was able to get a successful bid on the DoubleTree Hotel in Jersey City for 1 night checking in on Nov 26.

Accepted Bid $110.00 + 25.16 taxes & Fees for a total cost of $135.16.

Although priceline asked if I wanted a second night for the same rate, I was not successful when I tried to extend to Nov 27th. I did not ask for both nights originally because I previously had booked both nights at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Secaucus as a backup. I wanted to see the hotel before I committed our whole stay. We have never stayed at either and I do not have personal experience with either area. Seems like Doubletree in Jersey City is the better location. What do you think?

I liked the fact that this forum helped provide information for me to make an educated guess on the potential hotel and location. I wanted to be close to the PATH train system. I was hoping for the Hyatt but thought that that was a slim chance based on this time of year.

I would like transportation suggestions into NYC from this location. We would like to go pay our respects to ground zero. Should I consider the ferry? We will also have tickets on Nov 27 for Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. I am assuming the Path Train system is the best way to get there from the Doubletree.

what are your plans for November 27th? The Hilton Garden Inn is a nice hotel, going into the city, a NJ Tranist Bus makes pick ups in front of the parking lot. The return trip will leave you off at the nearby Home Depot and is about a 5 minute walk, not very convenient. You would be better off staying at the Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn, LaQuinta Suites in the Mill Creek Center; all of these hotels (including the Hilton Garden Inn) may be booked through the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]