Priceline Hotel: 12/07/07-12/11/07 New York

Vijay15
By Vijay15,
in

Hey guys,

Hoping you guys could help a Canuck traveling to New York for a few days in December '07. The price of hotels using PriceLine in the "hot spots" is rather expensive to say the least. i was wondering where the adjoining areas around New York proper are that have easy access to the main areas? I have heard of New Jersey and such, but I have no idea which area to search in that particular area. Some help would be great. I was looking to spend no more than 200/night, and was hoping for a nice hotel with a bed for me and my wife. Some help would be great if you could.

Thanks,

Vij

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your minimum star rating?

I did find the Candlewood Suites (click this link and search for "Jersey City") for $189/nite. It's basic accomodations, but it puts you a fairly short walk to the PATH train which will have you into Downtown Manhattan in about 10 minutes (and from there you'll need to subway up to midtown if that's where you're heading on a given day). There are certainly better hotels in the area, but if you're looking for basic accomodations and don't expect 4* quality this may fit the bill. Here are some user comments.

You could actually use this as a cancellable back-up by booking 12/7-12/10 'weekend rate' for $180/nite and then booking a cancellabel rate (not the least expensive rate) for 12/10-12/11 for $210/nite... works out as the same price as above but at least ensures you have a room during this busy time and sets the bar for the "price to beat". If you go this route, please use our Candlewood Suites link to begin each purchase.

I have also found the Crowne Plaza in Secaucus... it's a little less convenient than a hotel on the waterfront in Jersey City, but there is a bus right near the hotel which will take you to/from the city and the hotel class is a step above the Candlewood Suites... there is a non-refundable $138/nite rate or a refundable $169/nite rate. If this is an option i'd post first which airport you're flying into as getting here without a car can be time consuming (or an added expense). I wouldn't let this necessarily deter you, but you should know what you're getting into before making a purchase. Here are some customer comments. Bus to NYC would take about 25 minutes... but could become more if you hit traffic (which is common).

For starters, would either of these work for your needs?

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]