Priceline Hotel: HELP for Waikiki South

asiaFT
By asiaFT,
in

I am trying to find a hotel for May 27th thru June 2nd in Waikiki, HI. I was wondering if anyone can guide me on how to get "(Waikiki South) Radisson Prince Kuhio" for these nights (what features do I need to select when bidding), and what would be a reasonable bid to get this hotel.

I appreciate all your help

Usually the Radisson comes in at $52. You might try $50 and if rejected add a rebid zone and go to $52. I did heaps of research for my own Hawaii trip and prices have been fairly stable the last couple months. Look at Priceline vacations before you bid a hotel to see where the Radisson relates to other 3* hotels in that zone and if it doesn't show up then it is probably fully booked. I monitored PL vacations for weeks before bidding as I was targetting the Renaissance Ilikai and waiting for the price to drop-it didn't and I found out there was a convention there. Good luck!

Thanks Tiki for your reply.

I just checked Price Line vacations, and here is a list of three star hotels that I found:

Radisson Hotel Waikiki Prince Kuhio

$839

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani -

$961

Doubletree Alana Waikiki Hotel -

$974

Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel -

$974

Aston Waikiki Sunset -

$985

Aston At The Executive Centre Hotel -

$985

Any suggestions which one be a better choice. I am trying to find something either at the beach or steps away from the beach.

If you're not booking thru the Vacations Product than you won't be able to 'choose' any hotel.

If there are certain amenties that you want (like Beachfront) than you may want to consider using Hotwire (you'll also have a better chance at determining which hotel you'll get beforehand).

Let us know which service you'd like to go with and we'll advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What I was doing was getting a price quote on vacations from Kona airport to Honolulu KOA and HNL. Interisland airfares are more stable than those from the mainland. Then I would see which hotel was the cheapest in each star category for each repsective zone. From what I have seen, PL draws on their normal hotel inventory when compiling a vacation package adn I think hotels can opt out of vacations if they wish. So you may get a hotel through normal booking that didn't appear in vacations. But the only times I have seen PL NOT give the cheapest hotel in vavcations on a hotel bid is if the hotel website is down-but in that case it wouldn't appear in vacations. A few weeks ago when I was doing my daily check, starwood/sheraton website was down and there were no Sheratons listed for Waikiki until it came back up. Odds look really good for you to get the Radisson if that is what you want at least 98%.

If you are coming from the mainland USA you might also think about flying direct to a neighbor island like Maui or Kona/Hilo because there are fewer hotel options there and that makes it easier to predict what PL will give you. Then book a vacation package from either Maui or Kona to Honolulu and then you can choose your hotel. I would have done that except I am from Australia and we only have flights from here to Honolulu. Aloha!

Hi thereuare

Do you know by any changce which of the following are on the Waikiki South?

I got this 3 star hotel list from PriceLine vacation section. I am hoping that they dont have any other three star hotel that they work with

This woould help me in identifying all the possible options that I might get, if I bid for a 3 star on Waikiki SOuth

Radisson Hotel Waikiki Prince Kuhio -

Honolulu, Hawaii

Ohana Waikiki Village -

Honolulu, Hawaii

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani -

Honolulu, Hawaii

Ohana East -

Honolulu, Hawaii

Ohana Reef Lanai -

Honolulu, Hawaii

Doubletree Alana Waikiki Hotel -

Honolulu, Hawaii

Aston Waikiki Sunset -

Honolulu, Hawaii

Aston At The Executive Centre Hotel -

Honolulu, Hawaii

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]