Priceline Hotel: Help-San Juan pre-cruise 7/30

lgtrotter
By lgtrotter,
in

Have started looking at hotels in San Juan for pre-cruise for 2 days for 7/30. I know its very early, but I like to get everything done. There are 4 of us (2 teens) & have a cancellable backup at the Embassy Suites for $180/nite. Would really like to be on the beach and the girls to have their own room. Started bidding at $65 on priceline for san juan & Dorado. Was rejected (of course) can go up to 120. Would hope to stay away from Wyndham Condado, unless it has been renovated since spring 2002. Stayed there for 6 days. Not really worth the money. Rates on hotel websites Marriott-$169; Inter-Continental-158; Wy.Condado-225; Radisson $125; Caribe Hilton-225. Hotwire had the Radisson (I'm assuming)96; Hyatt Dorado 175; Caribe Hilton 212;Condado 153. Have never before tried priceline for San Juan. Seems it should be off season?? Any help would be appreciated.

Puerto Rico is notorious for not releasing inventory until close to check-in date.

You do know that the Dorado area is somewhat far from the cruise ports? If so, are you planning on renting a car... taxi to/from that area can be very expensive.

The Wyndham Condado Plaza is one of the resort level hotels that accepts often in the San Juan zone, so if you're trying to avoid it you may want to consider Hotwire as a better option.

I did a quick search on Hotwire for your dates (am i correct 7/30-8/1) and didn't see a few of the hotels you've identified above so if you go the Hotwire route i'd confirm your assumptions with the board before purchasing.

I think for the best rates you'll likely have to wait this out until mid/late-June. In the meantime i would continue to monitor rates on Hotwire to see if prices decrease substantially ($10 price movements should be viewed as insignificant) or if any new hotels present themselves.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]