Priceline Hotel: Help bidding on a hotel in ben lomond

GIRLEGIRL7101
By GIRLEGIRL7101,
in

So when i type that city in the only star is 1 star. When i go to regular priceline it shows that the only hotel in ben lomond is a econo lodge, which is a 1 star. So is it wrong of me to think that is what i would be bidding on? The econo lodge goes for 62 dollars a night. My husband needs a room for 4 nights a week. Mon-thur nights. What would you bid? 34?

$34 seems reasonable... and i'd increase $3 every 24 hours.

Remember that Priceline's fee adds about $6/nite onto the cost of your room, so as you progress you wouldn't want to bid much higher than $50/nite or so for this stay (imo).

Good Luck and keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ChoiceHotels is running a promotion through November 30. If you stay four nights at any EconoLodge or Rodeway Inn you get a $50 credit towards a future stay.

The Ben Lomond EconoLodge is $62.99 your nights. The credit amounts to $12.50 per night, which effectively brings that price down to $50.49. If you have AAA the rate is $56.99 or $44.49 after the $12.50 credit.

Subtracting out around $5/night Priceline fee you shouldn't bid higher than $45 on Priceline, or $39 if you have AAA. Booking conventionally and taking the $50 credit would be less expensive.

That $50 credit is only useful if you intend to stay at an EconoLodge or Rodeway Inn in the future. The credit's not good at all Choice Hotels; only those two brands and it must be used by November 30.

EconoLodge/Rodeway $50 promotion

Thanks for the help guys. I bid at 32 and 35 for ben lomond and was declined. The price on that hotel just went up in price too. I bet cause my husbands company is staying there for there job. So i decided to just go with a hotel across the way called brookdale lodge. Has some haunting sightings..LOLThey are running a special for buy 1 night get the second 1/2 off. So its 88.50 for 2 nights. Since he is sharing a room with his coworker/friend, i having him get the second 2 nights..LOL So for 4 nights nights its 44.25. Not to bad. If they stay at the other one then its 56 dollars for 1 bed. They would like 2 beds. Thanks for the info on the stay 4 nights get 50 dollars back. nice deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]