WA Tacoma Red Lion

TennisMom
By TennisMom,
in

I bid $70 on this hotel and we found our accomodation very pleasant. Once my bid was accepted, I called the hotel to request a room with two queen beds and my request was was very graciously granted. The Red Lion, a former Best Western, is located next to the I5 so there was a bit of freeway noise in the room (we turned the A/C on which covered up the traffic noise). If you stay on the other side of the hotel, you probably won't get as much noise. The hotel serves a complimentary continental breakfast from 6-9am, but we ended up eating at Denny's which is next door. There is a Subway and up market pizza place, Neo, across from the hotel, as well.

Our room was very spacious, well decorated, in good condition, and very very clean. There is a laundry room down the hall for guests' use, an indoor swimming pool, a computer for guests just off the lobby, and plenty of free parking. Hotel staff were very friendly and pleasant.

I don't think Tacoma is known for great hotels, the Red Lion was very pleasant and we would stay here again on our next trip to Tacoma (junior tennis tournaments). If we are unable to book through Priceline, we would probably pay full price for the Red Lion because we had a clean, quiet, and pleasant stay in a fairly convenient location (10-15 minutes from most of the places we went Bally's tennis and Tacoma Mall). October 12-14, 2007 @ $70 per night, 2.5*

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]