Need help planning trip to Belize

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

Hi all,

My daughter and some other college students are thinking of going to Belize City over Spring Break to do volunteer work at an elementary school. Once they land in Belize the program and lodgings are set. The one thing the students have to arrange for themselves is their flights.

There are about 7 going right now and there may be a total of ten. They all want to travel together.

This is the information I have so far, but my daughter is checking to make sure it is correct.

Let's say 10 people:

Departure date: March 7, 2008

Departure cities: Boston or Providence would be the closest to their college which is located in Norton, MA

Return date: March 16, 2008

Departure city: Belize City

Any guidance and trips are most appreciated! Thanks

I guess my question isn't striking a chord in anyone. :)

I have used the Airline Checker feature on this site, and so far have come across round trip flights from Boston to Belize with two stops for around $620. Same type flights are in the $700 range from Providence. If the kids go directly from LGA in New York it would cost in the $500 range plus they would save a stop.

It appears flights to Belize leave from Charlotte, NC and Philadelphia on this given travel date.

Anyone have any tips of other resources or sites I should look at to compare airfares? We are talking poor college students here who are trying to use their spring break to help others.

Thanks!

You probably do know, but in case you don't, since money is more important than time, they could take the bus from NYC to Boston for about $35/RT if leaving from NYC is an option to take advantage of the cheaper fare.

As well, there are some "student only" travel agencies which may be able to offer fares not available elsewhere.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]