Hotwire Hotel: Smithsonian - hotels nearby with free parking?

tenerifesharon
By tenerifesharon,
in

Can anyone help with a bit of information, please?!?

We're looking for a 3* or better suite-hotel (Residence Inn, Country Inns etc. or similar) that would have free parking and nearby access to the Metro. We'd like to spend a day or so at the Smithsonian on this trip. Any suggestions of which areas would be good to use on Hotwire or Priceline?

Many thanks.

I don't know DC that well, but to clarify for anyone else reading in the future who may be able to help, for free parking i assume you're considering outside the 'city' itself?

I do know that the Embassy Suites comes up often on HOTWIRE, but this is inside the 'city limits' and i'm sure parking would not be free.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, thereuare. Yes, I do mean somewhere outside the city limits that wouldn't be too far to get into DC with the Metro. Since we'll be travelling from EWR to Richmond and back, we can't really do without the rental car. Just don't want to stay somewhere directly in the city where it will cost a fortune to park.

Not an ideal solution, but just to give you another option...

I believe you're staying in Manhattan for the first leg of your trip. It's not the most enjoyable trip, but there is very cheap ($35-$40/RT) bus service from NYC to Washington DC... you could take this to DC and then just rent a car when in DC for the days you require.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, but we need to get to Richmond, VA for a couple of days before continuing back to Washington, DC. And the bus (or even Amtrak) is too difficult for all the stops we need to make. IOW... NYC, Richmond, Washington, EWR. And the way I pack, we'll need the entire trunk of the rental car for outlet shopping!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]