Priceline Hotel: Is it too early to bid for October 2004?

angyl15
By angyl15,
in

My husband and I are planning a trip to Disney October 2-October 6 or 7. Last time we were there we stayed at the Hilton in downtown disney and it worked out well. We liked being so close to Pleasure Island. We would like to stay somewhere in downtown disney again (the swan or dolphin would be ok too), but I don't know if it is too ealry to bid now. We are not picky about which resort, as it is just the two of us and we spend little time in the room anyway. I like to have things planned in advance, but I know this is a slow time at disney and would like to take advantage of that of I can to get a nice hotel for the best price. I have seen people on here get rooms for the summer at resorts for $60 - is that what I should expect to pay for October?

Thanks in advance for your responses :)

We're happy to help, but please first follow-up with a response to your PREVIOUS POST (even if you ended up cancelling the trip or didn't book thru Priceline... stating so adds some 'closure' to the thread).

The board only 'works' if everyone follows-up their posts with the ultimate result.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This link should help answer your timing question: SHOULD I BID EARLY or LATE

Personally i would start bidding now but only bid up to $70 or so... trying to get something on a lowball bid.

You do understand that you can get any resort level hotel within the shaded region that Priceline defines at "Walt Disney World Vicinity".

If you're comfortable with that, you have 8 re-bid zones in this area and i would proceed to bid as follows:

Select Resort in the WDW area:

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $64, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $66, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70.

Let us know how you make out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]