Priceline Hotel: 4* Long Beach Hyatt

deeze
By deeze,
in

• 3 weeks later...

A couple weeks ago I bid on a hotel in Long Beach and won the Hyatt for $70. I tried again a couple weeks later and the $70 price is no longer available. When the price changes does that mean the hotel has changed or has the price just gone up? Theres probably no hard and fast rule but does anyone know from experience?

I assume the situation is that your bidding for additional rooms in the Long Beach zone for the same exact dates as the above? (1/4/08-1/6/08)

If so, rates change all the time, as well as inventory getting pulled or sold. From the hotel's perspective, the opaque suppliers are often used to sell inventory that they determine would otherwise likely go unsold... better to fill that room at a deeply discounted rate rather than have it go unused (and collect no revenue for the nite). Once a hotel comes close to filling the rooms offter to the opaque suppliers, they may no longer offer additional room, only offer rooms at the next higher price tier (since they are no longer as 'desperate' given the occupancy created by the priceline/HOTWIRE guests), or they could also pull deeply discounted inventory all together if they suddenly book an event (conference, wedding, etc) for these nites and believe they will be able to sell rooms on their own to those attending the event.

Likewise, inventory may become avaialble, when it otherwise was not, if hotels receive a larger than expected number of cancellations for nite(s) which they otherwise determined they would be close to full occupancy.

Hope this explains it a bit. Feel free to post furhter if you have additional questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response. I just dont know if the Hyatt or Hilton will win. I would like to get more rooms at the Hyatt. I will probably give it a go tonight and see which hotel wins. If the Hilton wins I can try and book my rooms through HOTWIRE, Im pretty sure that the Hyatt is listed on HOTWIRE for $106. I need 3 more rooms so if one is at the Hilton, so be it. I will post what happens.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]