Priceline Hotel: 5*, 4* Rio, or 4* Strip 5/21-5/25

FourFourSeven
By FourFourSeven,
in

I'm heading to Vegas from 5/21-5/25 and would really like to stay in a nice (and relaxing) location. It's a very busy weekend (conventions as well as the World Series of Poker). I've been trying Priceline and Hotwire for a while, but nothing's been falling into my price range. Here's what I'm looking for:

Either 5* (Venetian), 4* (Rio - only one West of Strip), or 4*-Strip. I'm willing to go as high as:

-$225 for the Venetian

-$200 for the Rio

-$150 for a 4* on the Strip (assuming I'd get the Westin - that's as much as I'd pay for it.)

My order of preference is Venetian, Rio, other 4*.

Checking hotel websites (and Hotwire), I can get $239 for the Venetian on 5/21, but then the price skyrockets to $499 on Saturday, and $899 (eek!) on Sunday and Monday nights. Rio is too expensive Friday and Saturday, then gets slightly more reasonable Sunday/Monday ($214/night last I checked).

I'm willing to switch hotels once on the trip, but no more. I've tried splitting my stays in half on Hotwire, but Saturday really is the killer day.

Any suggestions? Will this situation get any better? I've got a backup reservation at a not-great off-Strip property for about $120. But I'd love a nicer place.

Great board and great community, by the way...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What bids have recently been rejected on Priceline (it appears that you've already tried to bid a few times). Please not only include prices, but the dates of your stay that you tried for since it appears that you may have tried splitting the bid already.

What property is the back-up at? I saw the Sahara for an average of $79/nite (not sure if it's a better property than what you have for the price) and also saw the Embassy Suites for $139/nite which may be a better property and worth a little more than the $120 hotel you have as a back-up.

Would you pay more for a 4* hotel on the strip if you knew you wouldn't get the Westin? (if so, to what would you revise your maximum bid )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I haven't tried splitting my bid yet on Priceline (though I've checked Hotwire split). Up to now, I'd bid up to the following:

$200 on the Venetian

$175 on the Rio

$135 for the other 4* Strip hotels

I haven't gone quite to my limits yet, figuring that better deals may show up as we get closer to the date. I'd probably be willing to go to $175 for 4* strip without the chance of the Westin.

My backup is the Alexis Park, but I'm a little scared by it - I've seen some very positive and very negative reviews. However, if I'm not going to be at a really nice hotel, I'd kind of prefer a non-gaming hotel. Somehow, I think my head would spin if I was in a slightly older, "old-time-Vegas" hotel for four nights...

I guess one option is to try splitting and getting the Sunday/Monday for now, while keeping my backup for Friday/Saturday.

Thanks - I appreciate your help. (And the friendliness - it's a nice differentiator from other not-to-be-named webboards!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]