Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTW) Crowne Plaza Times Square

beatme
By beatme,
in

Hi everyone. I am new here, and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I am looking to book basically anywhere in midtown New York City for the night of 10/20. Here is my booking progression last night on Priceline:

$100 3* MTW

$125 3* MTW MTE

$150 3* MTW MTE UMT

$175 3* MTW MTE UMT MTS

$100 2.5* MTW MTE UMT MTS

Any hints? I have learned that I can retry 3* and 4* by adding the Upper East Side and Upper West Side.

I appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks in advance.

Price is the most important for this trip, but of course, I am willing to pay a little more for a nicer room.

What do you think about adding upper east side and upper west side? They will give me a couple more bid opportunities, but they will cut out my ability to bid for 2.5* rooms.

I would bid as follows:

Select 2.5* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 2.5* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 2.5* MTS...

Select 2.5* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add UM/CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 2.5* MTE and MTS...

Bid $125, if rejected add UM/CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 2.5* MTE and MTW and MTS...

Bid $135, if rejected add UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

At the 3* level you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MTE and re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and re-bid zone...

Select 3* MTS and re-bid zone...

Select 3* MTE and MTW and re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTS and re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS and re-bid zone...

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW and re-bid zone...

Select 3* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS and re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTW and MTS and re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTW and MTS and UM/CPS and re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Start with the above.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed the strategy with no luck. I also did the $185-$200 range for 4* rooms with no luck.

Thank you for laying it out so explicitly. I understand the methodology much better now.

Do you think that I should expect rooms of these prices to open up the next few days, or should I just decide if it is worth it for me to spend more?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]