Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

afdds
By afdds,
in

Hello, I'm new to priceline and betterbidding so please excuse my crazy questions.

I need precruise May 22nd, one night in Downtown Miami zone.

Think I just started too low on my bidding.

Bid 27.00 Downtown Miami-rejected

Free bid, added North Miami, no three star only 2.5

Also increased bid to 30.00- rejected.

I would like to increase bid to 40.00 ( winning bids as seen on this board)

I read on another thread that there were two free zones in Miami if bidding on a 3*. I can't find the second free zone. I can't change date and I want to be Downtown. I would like to take advantage of another free bid before waiting the 72 hours.

Please help!

Thank you very much.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How many stars does SouthWest Miami have?

Since there is over a month before this stay, i recommend you only bid $35 now. If that is rejected, wait the 72 hours and then bid up to $40 (on your last re-bid).

Let us know if you we can help further or if there are any add'l questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You need to start over again, but this is what you should want to do. If you were able to start at the same screen (which you can't) there would already be 3 checkmarks for each zone selected. You want to start over again so that you can select one zone at a time and use your re-bids.

I would start at $35, then try $40, and then $45.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

NO Luck! I bid as advised but didn't have any luck this morning.

Started over

Bid Miami DT-35.00

Free Bid-North Miami-37.00

Free Bid- SW Miami-40.00

Rejected.

Thinking of increasing to a 4*-

On the priceline website they list some of the same hotels as 4* and 3*. Does this mean different areas or different states have different star rating. Should I just follow the hotel listing for Downtown Miami on this webpage and not worry about the priceline webpage?

Or should I just wait since we aren't going until the end of May and keep trying 3 * Three * would be my first choice. Thank you for your help.

Debra

I would start at $35, then try $40, and then $45.

If you scroll up (3 posts above this one) you'll see that the recommended strategy was to go up to $45.... not sure if you missed that post or if you decided you didn't want to bid that high?

No harm done since you still have plenty of time. I would continue to stick to your 3* strategy (but go up to $45 next time). Rates aren't too bad for this nite so i think you'll ultimately be successful under $50/nite.

I was going to go up to $45.00 this morning (40.00, 43.00, 45.00). Big suprise! I got my first bid this morning of 40.00. Won the Hyatt Regency Downtown Miami. This will be perfect for our pre-cruise stay. I was hoping for this hotel. Hyatt.com is going for $159.00 WoW! I'm really excited and will use priceline again.

Thanks for all your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]