Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Costa Mesa-Irvine) Ayres Hotel and Suites

mchia02
By mchia02,
in

If you're trying to target the Holiday Inn, that was last reproted as a 2.5* property... did you want to bid 2.5* first (or even 3*?) in an attempt to get a nice property or are you ultimately looking for the least expensive 2* or better hotel for this stay?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...of course not 1* or 2*).
But you stated a 2* minimum, which would make a 2* hotel possible... are you willing to bid at the 2* level or not?
However if I can get a better hotel and is not too far away. I don't mind bidding for it.
When bidding on priceline you aren't able to target a specific hotel, your hotel can be anywhere in the shaded boundaries of the zone. If convenience/location is the most important aspect of this stay, HOTWIRE may be a better option as you as you can then take an educated guess as to the property you're being offered and, likewise, a guess as to the location of the property.

Can you clarify the above and if you think priceline or HOTWIRE is the best option for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I made the bidding suggestion above based upon your stated goal/objective... has this changed?

What do you want to try bidding for first?

My objective is still the same.

This is line of priorities (which I posted yesterday)

1. Hotel should be 2* or more

2. Bid for priceline for hotel if less than $80

3. If no hotel less $80, then I will go to hotwire.

You suggest that I bid $35 for 2* hotel.

If the opening bid for 2 1/2* and 3* is $80 or less, I will first try to bid for that before bidding for 2* hotel.

Thank you again.

At the 3* level you have four re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Costa Mesa...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Costa Mesa and re-bid zone4...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80

If the above is rejedted we'll then move on to a 2.5* strategy.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Glad you found something you are happy with and works well with your plans.

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase and confirm that this is still rated 3.5* by hotwire. You can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]