Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hilton Palmer House

cliqstr
By cliqstr,
in

Saw some posts earlier about trying to get a 4* in Chicago for around $180 and I want to stay near the Loop.

So I started at $180.... and it went through.

10/13-10/15 The Palmer House

not sure if this was a good deal though.

Anyone think this is a good deal?

Priceline has the original price at $299.... :)

10/11-16 or so is a very busy time due to conventions and really, the whole month of October in Chicago this year is probably one of the worst I've seen and I've been helping people find hotels in the city for a couple of years now. $180 for the Palmer House on a very busy set of dates when the hotel is $300 is not a bad deal. The Palmer House's nearly $300 rate is the least expensive rate for the available 4*'s in the city so it's not as if you should have tried to target a different hotel with a cheaper rack rate in the NMA area for less or anything like that. You did fine - you paid much less than regular rate, so anytime that happens it's not a bad thing.

The Palmer is a very historic hotel, as well, and part of Chicago's history since the late 1800's (it has since been updated, of course.) It's one of the longest consistently running hotels in the country, and has a gorgeous (classic) lobby. So it will be a more unique experience than staying in your average chain. It's also quite centrally located in the Loop area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]