FL Ft Lauderdale Renaissance Plantation

Stan
By Stan,
in

Just want to give an update on the Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Plantation, Fl. It was a very nice hotel worthy of 4* rating. Most of my advance requests were honored except for a room upgrade. The hotel restaurant Bin 595 is a bit pricey. It must be custom in Florida where they include tips on the bill. I made a mistake leaving another tip on the charge card. The location is very convenient to the beach and Miami.

When I checked in, I chose to deposit cash instead of credit card ( I remembered theruare 's advice). If I had used the credit card I probably would not have known about the additional charges until I get home. The hotel charged me for the movie that I did not watch ( my kid must have click on the movie chanel by mistake) and for the phone call that was not connected. In the end, they cancelled the charges after checking their records.

Stan

I will be going to the Fl. Lauderdale area in June and I was just wondering what Thereuare's advise was on leaving a cash deposit. How much do you have to leave and did you experience any problems getting it back at the end of your stay? Do most hotels take a cash deposit? Any advise would be helpful.

Thank you.

I know you asked specifically for ThereuAre's advice but I just had to chime in as a member of the Nut Gallery!

I've tried to leave cash deposits at check-in before and the hotels just don't go for it. I now make some incidential purchases charging them to our room so they have to show up on the bill at checkout. Often times I find that pre-paid Priceline stays just don't get receipts and this help to pindown problems. The front desk staff says no charges no receipt! I've had my fill of double hotel billings that have showed up later!

In fact, we just spent a week in Vegas and I checked on the bills for our rooms at the front desk every other days to catch things before they have too old or out of hand. Glad I did because there was some wrong billings! I hold on to the hotel checkout receipts and watch my charge card billing online closely.

What are some other things that other folks do? :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]