Priceline Hotel: 2* Evansville Evansville Plaza

Doppelganger
By Doppelganger,
in

For this stay on Memorial Day weekend, I started out bidding on a 3-star hotel in Evansville. Bids from $35 to $60 were rejected.

I then moved to 2.5 stars: bids of $35 and $45 were rejected.

I then moved to 2 stars: initial bid of $25 rejected, bid of $31 accepted on 5/15/2007.

I would not consider the Evansville Plaza (5701 Highway 41 North, Evansville, Indiana 47711) a 2* hotel. The lobby looks nice, but once you get past the lobby, everything else is old and in need of attention. I have stayed in Super 8, Motel 6, and Days Inn motels that were nicer. The carpet was thin and dirty, the bathroom walls were dirty and the wallpaper was peeling. The bathroom in general was comparable to a campground bathroom. The lobby bathroom reminded me of a men's locker room bathroom. My wife and I were unable to get a queen size or king size bed, so we had to settle for two double beds. They were too small for sleeping two people, so we had to sleep in separate beds. The beds were not very comfortable. The towels felt like sandpaper.

The free* breakfast wasn't too bad: frozen waffles, pastries, cereal, yogurt, etc. Typical fare for a free "help yourself" hotel breakfast.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $31.00

Subtotal: $62.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $14.74

Total Charges*: $76.74

*Rates do not include $2.50 nightly amenity fee

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]