Priceline Hotel: Looking for suggestion on how much to bid for 2star hotel in idaho

Brendak
By Brendak,
in

I'm going to Sandpoint Idaho in a few weeks...it's a pretty small place and nobody has posted in the Idaho forum about booking a hotel here yet. All they have is 2star and 1star hotels and I'm wondering if somebody who's been here a while could give me a suggestion on what price to start my bidding at.

Truthfully I've already found a room at the quality inn for $63 which is a pretty good rate but it's called a "small room, with no view" and from what I've read online there rooms with no view sit right beside the railroad tracks. I really don't care if the room is small since we'll only be sleeping there but the railroad tracks don't sound all that impressive. I was hoping maybe I could try out priceline and maybe end up with a different hotel for a better price...if I still end up in the quality inn...oh well, at least I got a better price right?

So do any of you have suggestions on what I should realistically start my bidding at? The cheapest hotel besides the room we found there is listed at about $90. Would $40 be about the right price to start? Any suggestions?

Well I tried $35 and it got rejected....I'll try again tomorrow.

Question: I've heard that not all Canadian credit cards are accepted and that in order to make them work you have to enter a US city and Zip in the CC field...when I placed my bid and the CC field came up there was a place for a US Zip or a Canadian postal code...does this mean that they updated their systems and Canadian Visa's are going through easier?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]