Hotwire Hotel: Two Hotel Options in Chicago (10-18 thru 10-22)

zocalo
By zocalo,
in

Hello, could anyone help me determine the following two options for October 18 through October 22?

1. 4* Magnificent Mile-Streeterville. $309 per night. Business Center, Fitness Center, Restaurants, High-speed internet

2. 4* North Michigan Ave, Water Tower, Gold Coast. $454 per night. Boutique, Customer Favorite, Business Center, Fitness Center, Restaurants, High-speed internet

I'm looking for a nice place to stay, in a good Chicago location.

Many thanks,

Oscar

I can find you a view room @ the Westin River North for $351 per night non-refundable, booked through the hotel.

You can find the Ambassador East on Orbitz for $284. Use the promo code 72hrsave50 by 9/20 to get $50 off the final total. Free glass of champagne (not much, but it's something) included. Keep in mind that, while this is in the very nice Gold Coast neighborhood and it's a great area, this is not a central location; it's on the North end of downtown - just a few minutes walk North of Michigan Ave. shopping.

The Club Quarters Loop is $201 on Orbitz (use promo code 72hrsave50 for $50 off the final total). This hotel offers small rooms and is pretty basic, but it's a cheaper option. Keep in mind that this area will be quieter (not unsafe, but quiet) at night, but busy during the day.

Well, this isn't necessarily a cheaper price, but it's not a bad deal

1. Swissotel (via swissotel.com) for $299 for 10/20-22. You get a lakeview room (upgrade), 2 VIP tickets to Shedd Aquarium (if you're by yourself, you could just go yourself and maybe sell the other to someone waiting outside?) and breakfast each day.

2. Hotel Monaco for $358 via Orbitz for 10/18-20. Use promo code 72hrsave50 for $50 off the final total.

The Monaco is about 3 blocks West of the Swiss. This would require switching hotels, but they're very close to one another, and you'd get a bonus and an upgrade at the Swiss.

This would average out to be a little more than what you would pay for the $309 hotwire listing that's likely the Hard Rock, but you'd be staying in 2 nicer hotels and get a bonus and an upgrade @ the Swiss for the last two nights. Both the Swiss and Monaco are right by the Hard Rock, near the river.

I'll keep looking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]