Hotwire Hotel: 3* Norfolk-Virginia Beach (Downtown) Sheraton Waterside

Halberstam
By Halberstam,
in

I used the HOTWIRE link above to search on a Norfolk hotel, 11/20 -> 11/22. It came up with a 3* hotel in downtown for $54.

I knew this wasn't the Tazewell (as listed in the hotel list), given that it had a pool. After visiting Trip Advisor's site and matching up the Trip Advisor score for a three star hotel with a 2.0 trip advisor score, I guessed that this would be the Radisson Hotel Norfolk.

Wrong...it turned out to be the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside, which is listed in Trip Advisor as a 4*, 2.0 rating. I did learn that there might be a way to use these Trip Advisor scores to figure out these hotels better, although you can't match up the star rating. Hotwire's star rating was lower, but had I thought about it more, a 2.0 score with 60+ reviews would only match so many hotels. We have many stops on this trip, so I'll keep investigating the tripadvisor angle.

Amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurants, Internet, Pool, Business Center

The two nights came out to 108.00 + 23.37 (taxes) for a total of $131.37. Seems like a great location, but the reviews on the hotel scare us a little. Oh well, all part of the game!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

If there is a property you're unsure of always feel free to ask for help... we can often confirm your suspision of the hotel ID, offer our own guess, or find a reason why it may not be the hotel you're thinking.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]