Priceline Hotel: 4* Logan 10/11-14

belgo
By belgo,
in

Do you have a maximum bid in mind?

Rates at the Hyatt are currently over $300/nite and rates at the Hilton are over $275/nite... both of these are higher than when we typically see low bids accepted in this area.

If any other zones are acceptable, or if SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is an option, you may want to consider that... as well as looking at GTA Hotels, Quickbook, and EasyClickTravel for any deals thru those sites.

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$130 didn't cut it. I'll wait

Help, help, help! :) I tried up to $160 for the Boston Logan area, using various permutations, but didn't get anything. I've never seen this area go so high. The Hilton is asking for $400/night. The Hyatt wants $374. I guess I wanted the airport area because the conference I'm going to at the convention center apparently has easy access from the airport (Silver Line), and because I want to fly directly home after the Sunday morning session. Are the downtown hotels convenient to accessing the convention center? Priceline reports this as the "best buy" area. (The other problem is that I'll be coming in by rental car, so the airport would be more convenient for that, but not insurmountable). My backup is the Hampton Inn (Airport) for $188, so I will not bid above $160. Is the downtown area a good alternative, and if so may I have a bidding strategy? Thanks! :)

It's at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, which apparently is at the Silver Line "World Trade Center" stop. The Silver Line basically just goes from the Airport to the South (train) Station, via the WTC/Convention Center. I can connect with the Red Line at South Station (or simply walk from there).

Not sure how important price is, but if you're willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, HOTWIRE has a 2* in the Airport zone for $89/nite (although note there is no Shuttle icon present, so can't be guaranteed that one is offered) for 10/12-10/14... it is a lower rating than you're seeking above and is a lower rated than the Hampton Inn, but it's also half the price. If this is an option perhaps you could buy this and then purchase the additional nite directly from the hotel received (if available) or find an alternative for the first nite?

If not, have you determined if the Downtown zone is acceptable for your bidding as well?

EDIT TO ADD: for some reason the 2* above is not showing for your complete stay, but if you search 10/11-10/12 and then again for 10/12-10/14, what appears to be the same hotel (just a Hi-Speed Internet icon) appears on both searches, so perhaps you could make two separate HOTWIRE purchases and have a continuous stay. Of course a slightl risk that you're actually seeing two different properties. If you do go this route, please use our HOTWIRE link for each purchase (ie- click our link to make the first purchase, if the hotel is acceptable, return here and click our HOTWIRE link again to make the second purchase)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$165 didn't do it, for an area including BOS, Convention Center, and downtown. I don't mind trying again, but it looks like I'll end up with the Hampton Inn. Thanks for the hotwire suggestion, but an airport shuttle is essential, since the Silver Line to my convention goes from the airport. I must also confess that Hampton Inn is probably my favorite chain anyways, with dependable free speedy internet, breakfast, and so on. I doubt it's my conference which is that big, but something's keeping all of the hotels in the Boston area booked.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]