Orbit z

vanamp
By vanamp,
in

I have been looking all over the web for the best deal on a Rental car for a mid-December trip from St. Paul Minnesota to Breckenridge Colorado and want to purchase rental car insurance with the rental (I just turned 25 and don't want to mess up my new low rates on my personal vehicle). I see that Orbitz offers coverage at about a third of the price of Hertz (I have found hertz to be the best choice for me, convenient location and competitive prices).

I just wanted to know if anyone knew of or had any problems with the Orbitz coverage?

Any help is appreciated

thanks

Insurance is a HUGE profit center for the Car Rental agencies. It appears that Orbitz has contracted with a company "Access America" which provides this coverage on a 3rd party basis.

I don't know anything about this company or the coverage offered, but my immediate thought is that you now have added another party to the mix, which could complicate things should you need to file a claim. If you buy the insurage thru the car rental company, you are dealing with just that company should there be a claim. In this instance, the car rental company will likely go after you and you in turn need to turn it over to the insurance company (Access America)... so this would certainly be less "clean" since paperwork would need to pass between all parties involved.

With this noted, if i read the full terms of their insurance and it provided what i need (and i was comfortable with it), i would still consider it (if the savings were worth it) since i would think my chances of needing the insurance and filing a claim would be relatively low (and the savings would therefore be worth it since i would expect to NOT be needing to filing a claim). With that said, i don't take the insurance coverage and let my existing car insurance cover me as well as the credit card perks which come with the credit cards i use.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]