Priceline Hotel: Seeking assistance 10/10-14

belgo
By belgo,
in

Reality Check!! For $100 you can get hostel like accommodations with a shared bath. I have been pricing 3* for two weeks later and so far have had no success with bids up to $170. I may wait another week, as I have noticed lower prices being posted as we get closer to my date. I won't wait till the last minute because I can't stand the suspense!

New York will not give you sticker shock it will give you a cattle prod!!

You're right. I could not get a 2* for $100. I'm actually doing this for a friend. I have a feeling that she may just forgo the trip. I wonder how much tourism NYC loses due to its hotel rates? I know I would go more often if it weren't so expensive...

In NY the hotels get so much use and are at a premium. The complaints I have read are about musty, bug infested rooms. I don't want to chance it with a less than a 3* hotel. I don't find "roughing it" much fun any more, so I pay a higher price.

If you don't mind some inconvenience I have found while staying both in Boston(Super pricey) and Atlanta You can stay at an airport hotel, take a shuttle to a subway/metro stop and easily get into the city. In Boston the difference was $330 vs. $120 (before I started using priceline)

You could look for something similar in NY.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]